Monday, November 30, 2009

Still chucking away... PROMISE

Oh I have been neglecting my blog. I even posted a few weeks ago about how I was going to try better. AND I have a bunch of plans to improve my blog and make it more fun and resourceful for all who browse. I just need more time or less ambition.

We are still working on our Continents and two out of three of my kiddos have completed their continent unit complete with; animal collage, report, craft and meal. Here are some pictures of the festive happenings.

Maggie studied Africa:

She is doing so well in school and loves school work. School work has actually replaced playing, all she wants to do is read, write and create pictures for her teacher and friends. No complaints here! Because this is her new love she was right on with her project and loved doing it.



AFRICA




Spencer studied Asia:

He is have a little struggle with writing. He is good at it and very creative he just doesn't enjoy doing it. So he had a little bit of a hard time putting in the extra work but he was glad when he was finished and got to present it at dinner. I really think making a production and having it be really worth their time helps with encouragement as well as success. He does love crafting so that part came very easy for him, he even learned some origami (check out his cup in the picture below).

ASIA

If you visit this website you will find cool kid friendly (stuff they will eat) recipes from all over the world; dltk kids.

No comments: