Sunday, January 10, 2010

One Week Down

At the end of the year I always ponder on the idea of a New Years Resolution. This year I wanted something all inclusive, something that said it all in one word. I decided that this year I would resolve to be more self-less. I would spend more time on others (especially family) and less time on me. Unfortunately I had become my own time hog. I want to do this so everything else can wait.

Last week I started homeschooling..... My New Years Resolution for 2010 is this.

I resolve not to loose myself

It was a great week! I was so glad I started it off by reading "The Well Trained Mind". I felt so prepared after reading that book and I had direction. Good thing because we ran into some trouble with enrollment at AZVA and school didn't officially start until Thursday. Matthew spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday working on things my friend Nicholle (AZVA teacher) gave us and learning about Classical Education. He also took time to prepare his space and fix up an old desk we bought at the Goodwill.
I am SO glad to be on track with AZVA, Matthew was given an Advanced Learning teacher and I had the opportunity to speak with her on the phone Friday evening. She filled my brain with LOTS of helpful information that will get us headed in the right direction.
I am really on brain overload, my brain muscles are sore but that just means they are getting BIGGER, COOL! The only downfall; between homeschooling and afterschooling I am teaching "ALL DAY". Making a schedule and plan is next on my agenda.
As Always... I will keep you posted!



2 comments:

Amie said...

wow, what a job! But it does look great! Have you checked out Knocked off Wood (http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/) Wwebsite? She takes any piece of furniture from a magazine, store, picture, whatever, and designs blueprints and builds it herself. You and Jeremiah would love it!

Mark and Jessica said...

he did great with that desk! now he's all set for school. good luck with this new adventure, I'm not disciplined enough to do this, which means my kids better be getting what they need because I can't give them anything else.