Monday, January 4, 2010

Books for mom

I just read the book "The Well Trained Mind" and I encourage all to read it. I was really excited that the first part of the book mentioned afterschooling even though it is primarily for homeschooling families.

The curriculum is based on Classical learning and is an amazing resource for anyone that has not been introduced to this learning method. After reading the book I was convinced of the importance of and absence of classical learning in the lives of my children. I really wanted to absorb every aspect of this book and make room in my brain for permanent storage space. I know that remembering every idea, resource, term, and other fascinating qualities of the book is nearly impossible(I will have to buy the book). However I know that I will retain that need and desire to make classical education a part of my children's lives.

Note: The book is long but it has curriculum ideas and resources from kinder to high school. I just read through the beginning of the book, kinder thru 4th grade information and the ending chapters.


This book is amazing and inspirational and I know that you will love it.

No comments: