Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Diary of an Afterschooling mom

It has been awhile since I have been able to post. We get so busy that I wonder where the days have gone. I am still very much loving Afterschooling, however these past few weeks have brought with it some trials and lack of confidence. My husband started back to school and is absent from Afterschooling two days a week. I did not realize how difficult it was going to be without him. There were a couple of days that I can honestly say I pushed through and I am so glad that I did. We have yet to skip a day and I know how easily good habits can be broken. I am also struggling to find the extra income to purchase my Core Knowledge books. It seems that every time we budget the money something comes up. I am hoping next week will be the week and I will have the books by the end of the month. The books are FANTASTIC, they have everything in them so I have no need to purchase separate books for history, math or science.
I have had a few people leave comments and ask questions, I THANK YOU!! One of the questions most recently asked was if I follow the schools topics. Well, the unit studies that we do are just for fun, however I will slide one in every once in awhile that I know the kids need to enhance their school experience. For example this month we are doing Creative Writing. As far as the other things go I have really tried to enhance what they learning in Math at school but I can't believe how quickly they move from one thing to the next. This is why when my sister in law told me about Core Knowledge I fell in love. It has everything your child will need to know or be learning in their given grade in one text book. I am hoping this will help to better keep them on track with enhancing and pushing a little bit harder with what they are learning in school.
THANK YOU FOR READING MY BLOG AND COMING ALONG ON OUR GREAT BIG ADVENTURE IN AFTERSCHOOLING!!

1 comment:

Samba said...

Okay Wittygal... it's samba aka dawn from the talesfromthebigtomato.blogspot.com

my email is dawnrowe@sbcglobal.net

yes I could use some link help.

I'm curious what books are you looking at with the core knowledge group. I have their grade guides and really liked them... I have k - 3rd right now. Since my yahoos are in set of two preK and second grade. What other material do they have? I just bought a sonlight program core 1/2 and it has been such a big that i bought the core K and their language arts programs for K - 3rd. Oh yes and a sceince program. I like them becuase they are seamless and easy to follow after a full day or not so full day of work for me.