Wednesday, December 3, 2008

New Adventures

About four years ago my first son was tested and found to be GIFTED. Exciting right? Well after three full years of being my sons advocate for receiving this higher education I have yet to make a break through. I have become frustrated and am now taking a new route. I learned about Afterschooling on the Internet when I was collecting information on the character traits of the gifted child to present at yet ANOTHER parent conference. The more I read about the Afterschooling program the more I thought this may be exactly what I am looking for. I have read all of the fun warnings that beware: Most Afterschooling parents decide to become full time Homeschoolers. Well whatever happens this is a start and a step in a positive direction. Yes I will continue to be an advocate of education for my gifted son and my other children as well but in the mean time we have new direction and are moving on instead of pacing and waiting. So wish us Good Luck as we begin our ADVENTURES IN AFTERSCHOOLING!!

No comments: