Wednesday, March 10, 2010

No surprise

I guess it is no surprise that I have disappeared almost completely from the blogging world. I miss having the time to journal our school experiences and share the news with all of you. However, I am enjoying the time I have been spending with my boys. We are loving AZVA and K12 curriculum. It has become an answer to my prayers. I go to bed exhausted, excited for tomorrow to come. I had no idea how much fun learning could be.

I can honestly say that I am achieving goals, developing good habits, and feeling totally and completely accomplished at the end of each day. I was worried that I would have regrets, that I would flash back to days with just one more kiddo left at home. I am so happy to say, I don't. I never look back, some days I have doubts, wondering if this is what is best for them. Those doubts are always squashed quickly when I see their behavior changing, I hear them talking about what we learned, when I see them use their new skills, and always when I hear them play the piano. Since we started homeschooling the boys have been practicing twice a day and they are absolutely amazing.

How are they liking it? They tell me everyday how much they love it. Spencer's class sent him letters and I asked him if he missed them and he said, "Yes, I liked school. I just don't want to go back to school." I totally know exactly how he feels. Yes, I liked the quiet days at home, shopping with just one kiddo, going out to lunch with my husband, and crafting up a storm. I just don't want to go back to it.

Now a little about Maggie. She is still in school and I miss her more and more everyday. I know she loves her friends and she loves her teacher and that makes me happy. She is getting ready to be tested for the Gifted program at school so I know she is growing by leaps. I know one day she will be ready to come home and learn with us and when she is I will greet her with loving open arms. In the mean time I will continue to support her in every way possible.

My husband he is a great support. I know he thought I was crazy and that the entire experience had the potential of making me crazier but he supported me. He is my faithful substitute and honorable go to guy. I love him for that!

There is always a BUT.... I need to slow down. I started a new job (if you call singing, playing and doing crafts with toddlers a job) a month before taking on this awesome homeschooling responsibility. I work very few hours and only two days a week but sometimes the lack of communication with my employer causes problems. I am also a Committee Chairman for a Cub Scout Pack that keeps me pretty busy. AND I try my hardest to participate in Maggie's school activities. This keeps me EXTREMELY busy and at times the combination makes me feel overwhelmed and a bit CRAZY (funny farm crazy). Separately when everything flows smoothly and I am organized I always look back and think, "Man I am good!"

All in all I am very excited and happy with my new life. That is truly what it is a new life, completely selfless and totally wonderful.

Just in case you were wondering, YES, I am still planning on starting a homeschooling blog and I have even decided on the name; Outsmarted 4 to 1. I can't wait to begin designing it. Spring break is coming soon maybe I will find the time, if not summer is just around the corner. If you want to keep semi-updated on our homeschooling lives you can go here Outnumbered 4 to 2.

Goodbye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ѕupегb blog! Dо you havе any tips and hints
for asρiгing writеrѕ? I'm planning to start my own site soon but I'm a little lοst on everуthing.
Would you recommend stаrting wіth a free platform
lіκe Wordprеss оr go for a pаіԁ
optіon? Тhеre are so many сhoiсеѕ out thегe that I'm completely confused .. Any tips? Cheers!

Here is my webpage :: chatroulette

Anonymous said...

Wonderful beat ! I would like to aρprеntice while уou amend
youг sitе, how coulԁ і subscribe for a blog sіte?
The aссount hеlpеd me а аcceptаble deal.
I had been tiny bit acquainteԁ of thiѕ your broadcast
ρrovided bright cleаr idea

Hеrе is my ωeb ѕite Highly Recommended Web-Site