Friday, September 18, 2009

Diary of an Afterschooling Mom

I can't believe I didn't start Afterschooling on the first day of school. This was the time I thought I was using for transition. Easing into things a bit before we went full force into extra learning time. I was so wrong. Reality, I spent that past 4 weeks in a whirl wind of chaos when I could have had structure and balance.
I guess that leads perfectly into this statement, I love afterschooling! Everything is going so well and the kids are once again asking "when is afterschooling going to start?" and "what are we going to do today?". They are excited to learn!
My favorite part thus far has been our new format for religious study. We have: Held a court with witnesses (understanding the three and eight witnesses of the Book of Mormon), Rated ourselves from 1 to 10 on a scale of affliction and how favored we are of the Lord (learned how afflictions make us stronger (or weaker) and how much the Lord loves us (Just like the Prophet Nephi)) and today we pack our bags for the wilderness. The lessons are interactive and fun as well as educational.

I am so thankful that I learned about this fabulous program.

No comments: